Travel and Transformation w/ Lavinia Spalding and Rolf Potts (April 26, Stonington)
The Art and Craft of Travel Writing
Instructor: Lavinia Spalding (google+)
Vagabonding author Rolf Potts and I will lead a series of lectures and workshops on travel and travel writing in beautiful Mystic, Connecticut. Whether you're already writing, have an idea for a great story, or want to illustrate your photos with vivid writing, you'll be inspired by this informative weekend of workshops, readings, and opportunities to discuss your work and aspirations.
Friday Evening, April 26, 7– 9pm:
- Introduction, readings, and discussion; go behind the scenes of a travel writer’s world; learn the business of travel writing and how to document the transformative experience of travel.
Saturday, April 27, 9am – 5pm:
- The art, ethics, and industry of travel writing
- Travel journaling – how to record and describe the travel experience
- The business of travel writing – types of travel writing, getting paid to travel
- Working with editors – magazines, newspapers, websites, books, literary journals, anthologies.
- The transformative experience of travel – past, present and future
- Small group writing activities – Optional writing sample consultation
Riverlight Wellness Center,
107 Wilcox Road, Stonington, CT